Lake Shastina Public Access Camping
Open April 1 through September 30, closed in fall and winter.
Number of campsites: Estimated 10-15 sites
Affiliation: County Campground affiliated with Flood Control
Location/address: Dwinnell Way, Lake Shastina, Weed, CA
This campground is located near Mt. Shasta about 7 miles from Interstate 5.
Driving Directions: Heading North on Interstate 5, Take exit #751 at the Edgewood/Gazelle exit. (This is just past the town of Weed, and before the Weed Airport.) Recommend you do not try to find this in the dark if unfamiliar with area one might find it difficult to find.
· At exit turn right, within a few yards you will come to Edgewood Road. Turn Left! (There is a camping sign that indicates right, but that will take you to a different place.)
· Travel down Edgewood Road heading north, shortly you will come to the “town” of Edgewood as you cross the railroad tracks, don’t blink! Keep to the left. Travel about one mile until you come to a T in the road at Jackson Ranch Road.
· Jackson Ranch Road is not well marked, but does have a small standard street sign; turn right.
· Travel on Jackson Ranch road for roughly 5 miles.
· Look for the brown sign (small) that says Lake Shastina Public Access at Dwinnell Way, the road will be on your left.
· Turn left on Dwinnell Way; follow to the campground.
Phone Number: contact Siskiyou County Flood Control at (530) 842-8250
Reservation information: None that is posted.
Price for camping: Free at time of posting
· Bathrooms ~ pit toilets
· Water ~ may or may not be available
· Things to see/do
General description: A small county campground with minimal amenities, however, it is off the frantic I-5 but adjacent to a home development area and seasonal lake. Good roads to the campsite. Parking areas are dirt, some are reasonably level. Some pull thru type-sites. Nearby at the home development area is a golf course and restaurant, other services may be found in nearby Weed, California, or Mt. Shasta City. This area serves as a place to pull off, fix dinner, relax, and stay overnight while driving I-5 or for guests visiting friends and family in the development. Large 5th wheels and class C motor homes may find spaces tight with overhanging trees.