This page is provided as an index to assist you in locating some of the great camping places you will find located along Interstate 5. Please click on each site of interest to view accurate pictures of the campgrounds, list of amenities, and general information as well as driving directions. It is hoped you will find this information helpful and enhance your stay as you travel. Please return or bookmark this blog as new information is added!
Campgrounds are listed in general geographic areas generally going from South to North. Most of the campgrounds listed will be within a few miles from the Interstate. This is not a comprehensive list, focus is on public parks with some commercial parks indicated. We welcome comments or updates on the camping sites.
Camping along I-5 from Redding, California to the Oregon Border:
- Bailey Cove Campground ~ NFS located along Shasta Lake, north of the Pitt River Bridge
- Antler's Campground ~ NFS located at Lakehead, California along Shasta Lake
- Sims Flat Campground ~ NFS located between Castella and Dunsmuir, California
- Castle Crags California State Park ~ located close to Dunsmuir, California
- Rail Road Park Resort Camping ~ (Commercial) located near Dunsmuir, California
- Lake Siskiyou Campground ~ (Commercial) located near Mt. Shasta City, California
- McBride Springs Campgound ~ NFS located near Mt. Shasta City, California
- Lake Shastina Public Access Campground ~ County, located near Weed, California Free!
- Waiiaka Trailer Haven ~ (Commercial) located in Yreka, California
- Yreka RV Park ~ (Commercial) located in Yreka
- Tree of Heaven Campground ~ NFS located between Yreka, California and Ashland, Oregon
- Blue Heron RV Park ~ (Commercial) located between Yreka, California and Ashland, Oregon along the Klamath River.
- Iron Gate Reservoir Campgrounds and Recreation Area (BLM) between Yreka and Ashland, Oregon. FREE!
- Check out the Campsites off of I-5 in outlying areas on Siskiyou County Camping! It is highly suggested one plan some time to explore Siskiyou, some great places here!
Camping along I-5 from the Oregon Border to Portland, Oregon: (Check back frequently to view newly completed posts)
- Emigrant Lake ~ County Park ~ Ashland, Oregon
- Glenyan RV Park Campground ~ (Commercial) ~ Ashland, Oregon parallel to I-5 on Hwy 66
- Hyatt Lake Recreation Area ~ BLM, Approximately 20+ Miles from Ashland off of Hwy 66
- Valley of the Rogue State Park ~ Near Gold Hill, Oregon (between Medford and Grants Pass on Interstate 5 at Exit 45B)
- Cantrall Buckley County Park Campground ~ Near Ruch and Jacksonville, Or (abt. 15 miles off of I-5)
- Wolf Creek County Park ~ follow this link until my site is updated!
- Charles V. Stanton Park ~ City or County Park ~ Canyonville, Oregon
- Douglas County Fairgrounds ~ City or County Park ~ Roseburg
- Amacher Park ~ City or County Park ~
- Pass Creek County Park
- Pine Meadows Camp ~ Army Corps of Engineers Park, near Cottage Grove, Oregon
- Schwarz Camp ~ Army Corps of Engineers Park, near Cottage Grove, Oregon
- Baker Bay Park ~ County or City Park near Cottage Grove, Oregon
- Armitage Park Campground ~ City or County Park, near Eugene, Oregon
- Gills Landing RV Park ~ City or County Park, near Lebanon, Oregon (East of I-5)
- Silver Falls State Park ~ East of I-5 on Hwy 214 (worth the drive!)
- Champoeg State Park ~ West of I-5 approximately 6+ miles
- Clackamette RV Park ~ City or County Park, East of I-5 along Hwy 205
Camping along I-5 from Portland, Oregon through Washington State to the Canadian Border: (Check back frequently to view newly completed posts)
- Paradise Point State Park ~
- Louis Rasmussen RV Park ~ County or City Park
- Hudson-Parcher County Park
- Seaquest State Park
- Lewis and Clark State Park
- Stan Hedwall Park ~ County or City Park
- Millersylvania State Park
- Dash Point State Park